Hate reading instructions?
It's probably ok. Just click start.
Want to know what you're getting into?
Here's a summary.
1. This survey is completely anonymous. Your feedback is entirely free (absolutely no strings attached) and confidential, unless you share it with someone.
2. You will get two types of feedback. First, we will give you scores on 27 narrow personality traits (the SPI 27). This method was developed in 2016 based on several years of data collected through this website. Second, we will give you scores on five broad personality traits (the "Big Five"). This method for assessing personality has the most consensus among psychology researchers and has been around for several decades.
3. Your feedback is based on your responses. Your scores will be compared to the previous 400,000 participants in this survey. The more items you answer, the more reliable your feedback. If you don't answer many items (or you don't answer them honestly), your feedback may not accurately reflect your personality.
4. We recommend you spend at least 10-15 minutes on the questionnaire, though many people spend more time because they want to fill out all the questions. You are welcome to skip questions or quit at any time, but this will affect the quality of your feedback.
5. The first and last pages of the questionnaire relate to our current research projects - mainly, understanding the ways that personality relates to health and work and culture. These are also optional but we hope that you'll answer them. Our research is not possible without the participation of people like you. We are very grateful for your involvement!
6. If you would like to see a more complete consent form (including contact information), click to see the nitty gritty details. If you would like to give us feedback, there is also a link on your report form at the end. We'd love to hear from you.